Disclaimer: This story is not intended to violate any copyrights held by MCA, Universal, Renaissance Pictures, or any other entity involved in the productions of Hercules: the Legendary Journeys (nor Young Hercules, though it isn't really a YH story).

Description: A young Iolaus experience his first real loss.

Just a little something that came to me (and refused to leave until I wrote it down) one night while trying to sleep.


Mourning

By Linda "Silvermoon" Svensson

Iolaus felt the saltness of the single tear that had found its way to his lips. Gods, it hurts so much.

He was kneeling in front of an unmarked grave, gently touching the newly turned earth. “I loved him.” His voice was hoarse.

“I know.” A comforting hand was placed on his shoulder. Iolaus kept his face towards the ground, not because he was ashamed of the tears, but because he didn’t think he could bear to see his friend’s face right now.

If it hurts this much to bury my dog, I don’t think I would survive loosing Hercules.

And right there and then a teenage boy swore that there would be nothing he wouldn’t sacrifice to keep the comrade beside him alive, including his own life

~End.


Return to Silvermoon's Scrolls or New Greeceland's heroes or Greklands hjältar.